About Nardo - Autobiography of
Nardo is the story of an Italian kid from Boston's North End, and his rise through the boxing ranks to eventually become World Champ during the Golden Era of boxing. Written in his own words, Tony DeMarco shares his life story with honesty and humor. He touches upon the triumphs and tragedies that shaped him as an individual, giving you a glimpse into the life of one of Boston's most beloved sports figures. From his humble beginning in the streets of the famous North End, to his amateur days and professional career as a world class boxer, to his days as a nightclub owner in Arizona and finally through some personal family issues, Tony's life took a series of twists and turns. Ultimately he won the battles and, to this day, is an icon in not only Boston, but in the boxing world. Along with his life story, Tony has chosen to share many photos from his personal archive, giving you a true snapshot into the life and times of Tony DeMarco, Welterweight Champion of the World.
- Details Tony's rise from his humble beginnings on Fleet Street in Boston's North End to become the undisputed Welterweight Champion of the World by defeating Johnny Saxton at the famed Boston Garden, just two blocks from his home.
- Includes Tony's description of his epic battles with Carmen Basilio, considered two of the greatest matches in boxing history.
- Stories of Tony's life after his boxing days as a successful nightclub owner in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Tony reminisces about his encounters with notables like Bob Hope, Sonny King, Jack Ruby and Raymond Patriarca.
- Filled with many rarely seen photos, hand-picked by Tony, from his personal collection.
About the Author